Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rummage/Craft Sale FAIL & Knitting




Good Evening,For awhile now, I have been looking forward to a craft/rummage sale that was at a high school very close to my house. I have been to sales like that at other places before & found a lot of nice things (like Christmas Decorations, craft ideas, crystal candy dishes & plates, etc) so I had high hopes for today. Let me tell you, this sale actually had all JUNK.. and there wasn't much junk at that. All the other craft/rummage sales that I have been to used 2-3 large rooms for their sales. This was all inside of one gym! I almost thought that I found an awesome chandlier. The box was in perfect condition & it looked like it had been never opened. When I opened it, it turns out to be a few glass globes of a total different design, no chandelier, & one of them was even broken! Fail! I know that many of the crafters I follow would say that one person's junk is another person's treasure..but unless you wanted a stuffed animal, you would have been out of luck.

Two things that I learned from today:
-The economy can affect how much people are willing to put in a rummage sale or what they consider junk (at least that is my deduction of the sale)
-The other thing is..don't assume that you are always going to find a gem when you are "rummaging", it may be strictly someone else's junk!

The benefit of going, however, was that I got to see two people from church that I haven't seen for awhile :) So it wasn't a total loss.


On another note, I am knitting a scarf. A day or two after I took the picture of my practice knitting project, I decided that I had enough practice & wanted to actually make something. I switch to size 8 knitting needles & a thicker multi-color ocean-esque thread. I will post pictures of it when I am done! I don't want to jinx myself. I will say that the scarf looks much better then my first practice project :)

Until later,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment