Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I Can KNIT

So...it has been a goal of mine to know how to knit or crochet for the last few years. I have had three women try to show me how to crochet: a roommate, my aunt, & my husband's grandma. I never followed up with those people after I learned & I don't remember going home feeling that I could do it on my own.

This summer I decided, enough is enough! I am going to learn to knit or crochet & be able to do it by the end of the summer, darnit! Why?? Because I want to be more self-sufficient. I want to be a blend of the modern woman & the quintessential 50s woman. I want to be able to make my house look beautiful, my husband & kids feel special, yet still make a lot of decisions around the house! I love the fact of being able to personalize things too. If I want a neon green & hot pink scarf & I can't find it in the store..I can make it!

So anywho, I recently found out that there was a crocheting circle in my family. Well, I thought it was a crocheting circle, then I re-read a fb post about it & the woman that invited me said "knitting circle". I ran out to Hobby Lobby an hour before the circle meeting & bought some knitting needles. I showed up at the meeting to find out that they do both (crocheting & knitting). So since I have given crocheting a try 3 times, I decided to try knitting for a first time. Here is what I have accomplished since yesterday:
 Well it may not be the best knitting work in the world & I may feel like an gorilla with two knitting needles...but its almost a day later & I still remember how to do it. So far, I am going to say that I find learning how to crochet easier than knitting. Grant it, I did try to learn how to crochet when I was younger...so I'm not sure if that made a difference. 
My revised craft goal of the summer: feel comfortable with knitting by the end of the summer & learn how to crochet by the end of the summer. I want to learn it all!

I will be a part of the knitting circle as long as my schedule permits it! It was a great time, by the way!

Tata until later!
-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment