Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ribbon Headbands!!

Hello loyal followers! I just realized that I haven't posted in over a month! Sorry, its been a rough month & I didn't really feel like posting. I did however do a few projects in the last month, so I will have more to post in the next few weeks.

I've been on a kick for the last two years. I have slowly been trying to make more & more of the things that I use on a daily basis. In addition to that, if I use something everyday & I see where there could be improvement..that fires me up even more.

I LOVE wearing headbands! Why? I hate having hair in my face and I think they are cute. I do however strongly dislike a good portion of the elastic headbands that I own. They often slip off my head  I have to spray hair spray directly on them & the surrounding hair to help them stay in place. After looking around online, I realized that some people are making headbands with velvet ribbon on the bottom- which keeps them from slipping. I have made three already and 1) I LOVE them and 2) gosh darn, they don't slip!

Click here to see the tutorial that I followed    

Not only that bloggers post extremely helpful, but I also think that her blog name is really cute "Holy Craft".

Here are some pictures from the headbands that I made!:
Close up of my first headband

Yes Dad, I'm being silly. It was late..

Another side picture
Here are all of the headbands that I have made so far! The top two are my favorite. The third one down was made with a silkier ribbon-which I'm not sue if I like how it looks as much as the other two.
Well that's my post for the day! I hope that you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment