Sunday, February 6, 2011

Canvas Painting

So Jay & I are finally decorating our bedroom after almost 2 years. Family painted our bedroom a light blue right before we moved in. I thought that I would like the blue, but it turns out that I like gray walls much better :) Anywho, our color scheme is now gray walls, with white, black, and lime accents & the occasional orange.

I have learned to free hand zebra stripes pretty well (I have 2 large: red, yellow, & black zebra stripe canvases in our dining room). I also LOVE zebra stripes, so I did a small 8 x 8 for our room. After that I am done painting zebra stripes..I think. I also painted the 8 x 8 chandelier with a stencil. I am not done with the chandelier..its a little blurry & Jay said that I need to highlight it. Hello, I taught myself to paint, I only know how to paint things one dimensional. Jay painted the large one. I LOVE it! Can you tell who has taken more art classes? Jay :) I told him that when we are 40 & we can afford them, I am taking art classes for adults so that I can learn how to shade, use materials other than acrylics, & draw.





No comments:

Post a Comment